Tag Archives: 2.2
Biggie Smalls said it best, “don’t be mad, UPS is hiring!” Well allow us to issue a remix, “we’re mad, FedEx isn’t hiring!” They really need some help! This piece of tech boogie was supposed to be in our hot hands quite some time ago, but due to a few shipping issues we ended up delayed, but worry not! Things have finally been resolved and in the interest of good form, we’ve decided to give the Samsung Galaxy S 4G the full treatment: Unboxing/Hands-on, followed by a stellar, honest, and unbiased review. We’d swear you just don’t get that anymore these days! All chitchat aside, we’ve kept you waiting long enough! Cruise past the break to see what’s inside the box, should you decide to take this smartphone home to momma.
No Nintendo isn’t countering the Xperia Play with a DS Phone. Pictured above is the new Kyocera Echo and yep it looks a lot like a DS, but trust us it’s not. This new dual-screen handset will be available this spring on Sprint’s 3G network for $199.99 with a two-year contract. The Echo will ship with Android 2.2, no word if there are plans on updating to Android 2.3. If you’re interested take a look at some of its features and what’s under the hood:
- Messaging and e-mail: Users can turn the device horizontally and use the top display to view the e-mail/message application while using the lower display as a full-sized virtual keyboard.
- Browser: Takes the browser experience of a standard 3.5-inch smartphone and enhances it, allowing users to view two websites simultaneously.
- Gallery: Users can scroll through thumbnail images on one screen while viewing an enlarged image on the other.
- Contacts/phone: Users can view more of the phone’s contact directory or an expanded virtual dial pad.
- Sprint’s nationwide 3G network and Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)*
- Wi-Fi hotspot capability, which supports wireless connections for up to five devices
- 5-megapixel camera with flash, autofocus and digital zoom
- 720p HD camcorder to quickly capture those on-the-go memorable moments
- Corporate (Exchange ActiveSync®) and personal (POP & IMAP) e-mail, IM (Google Talk™), text messaging
- Media player with a 3.5 mm stereo headset jack
- Stereo Bluetooth® 2.1 (+ EDR)
- Full HTML Web browser with Google Search™
- 1GHz Snapdragon processor (QSD 8650 Android)
- 1 gigabyte (GB) of onboard memory and an 8GB microSD™ card for the external memory card slot supporting cards up to 32GB
- Voice and text prompts in both English and Spanish
You can now add the original Motorola Droid to the list of cool kids. Verizon just announced that they’re updated the Droid to Android 2.2 next week. There hasn’t been an official date given just yet but with HTC updating most of their handsets to Android 2.2 it appears Motorola is getting on the bus as well. If you’re an owner of an earlier Android device perhaps with all of these official 2.2 releases going on we’ll see some decent ports made by the development community, we sure hope so.